[Photo: Yuta Instagram, Weverse]

As the weather gradually turns milder after Gyeongchip, the day when frogs are said to awaken from hibernation, a theme song sung by NCT member Yuta for a Japanese series is pleasing listeners. Attention is also focusing on a scene-stealing role in Monthly Boyfriend starring BLACKPINK member Jisoo.

The film The Man Who Lives With the King has surpassed 10 million admissions and is boosting the box office. News about BTS's Gwanghwamun comeback is also drawing a spotlight day after day. Other stories drawing attention include news of a former iKON rapper beginning military service and a statement from an agency seeking to protect BLACKPINK member Jennie.

· NCT's Yuta sings theme song for Japanese drama Kamen Rider Gets

NCT member Yuta has taken part in singing the theme song for the Japanese drama series Kamen Rider Gets.

The theme song for TV Asahi's Kamen Rider Gets series, titled "PLAY BACK" and sung by Yuta, was released as an audio track on March 8 through various global music sites.

"PLAY BACK" is a rock track featuring aggressive guitar sounds and a beat reminiscent of 2000s punk. Its lyrics convey a mind wavering between reality and dreams, along with a strong will to choose for oneself in defiance of fate. Yuta's distinctive powerful vocals further raise the song's energy.

Actor Park Haerin (박해린) is drawing viewers' attention with her performance as Kang Ye-rin in the Netflix series Monthly Boyfriend.

Monthly Boyfriend is a romantic comedy about a webtoon producer, Seo Mi-rae, played by Jisoo, who is worn out by reality and comes to subscribe to and experience dating through a virtual romance simulation. Park appears as Kang Ye-rin, the president of a university kendo club where Seo Eun-ho, played by Seo Kang-jun, is a member, and shows off strong kendo skills and charisma.

Park was recently cast as the lead in the Korea-Japan co-production film Ghost House and has finished filming. The film is set for a simultaneous release in South Korea and Japan in the second half of this year. Park previously gained recognition by appearing on Single's Inferno 4.

· Monthly Boyfriend kendo club president by Seo Kang-jun turns out to be Single's Inferno 4's Park Haerin

The film The Man Who Lives With the King surpassed 12 million admissions 37 days after its release and ranked 20th on the all-time box office list. The film set the record by exceeding the final audience total of Exhuma, which was released in 2024 and drew 11.91 million viewers.

The Man Who Lives With the King passed 10 million admissions on March 6, 32 days after its release. It then jumped past 11 million on March 8, just 2 days later, and is drawing viewers at a rapid pace.

With the film's success continuing, main cast members including Yoo Hae-jin and Park Ji-hoon, along with director Jang Hang-jun, plan to hold a stage greeting on March 17 at Megabox COEX in Seoul's Gangnam district as a thank-you to audiences.

· Park Ji-hoon and Yoo Hae-jin's The Man Who Lives With the King tops 12 million admissions · The Man Who Lives With the King nears 10 million as director Jang Hang-jun's earlier film Rebound returns to theaters

Rebound, a film director Jang Hang-jun made in the past, will return to theaters to mark the third anniversary of its release.

Jang and Jang Won-seok, head of B.A. Entertainment, appeared on SBS PowerFM's Bae Sung-jae's Ten and unveiled plans to re-release Rebound. Jang Won-seok said, "On April 5, the film marks the third anniversary of its release," and added, "We are preparing a re-release to commemorate it."

Rebound is a sports film based on a story that happened in the 2012 national high school basketball tournament. It depicts the Busan Jungang High School basketball team, which had only 6 players, overturning expectations that it was weak as it strings together consecutive wins and builds a miracle-like journey. The film drew about 700,000 viewers when it was released in April 2023, falling short of expectations in terms of box office performance.

With BTS set to hold a comeback performance in Gwanghwamun, audience capacity will be expanded.

Agency Big Hit Music said it will sell additional standing tickets for the "BTS THE COMEBACK LIVE | ARIRANG" show to be held around Gwanghwamun Square in Seoul at 8 p.m. on March 21. The additional tickets will be sold from 8 p.m. on March 12 through the NOL Ticket booking platform.

The newly secured space will provide about 7,000 places. Standing areas will be set up from south of the Sejong-daero intersection to near Gwanghwamun Station on subway Line 5 and City Hall Station on Lines 1 and 2. Large LED screens will also be installed in this zone so on-site viewers can enjoy the performance more comfortably.

· BTS expands free Gwanghwamun show, raising audience to 22,000 · Buying urge surges as BTS teams up with National Museum Foundation of Korea for Arirang goods

With the additional space, total capacity will expand to about 22,000. Organisers said they decided the scale with audience safety and crowd dispersion in mind.

A special pop-up store will also open to mark the comeback. BTS announced "BTS POP-UP: ARIRANG" via the global superfans platform Weverse. The pop-up will run from March 20 to April 12 at two locations: The Heritage at Shinsegae Department Store's main store and HYBE headquarters in Seoul's Yongsan district. On-site visits will be by advance reservation through Weverse.

The main feature of the pop-up store is goods made in collaboration with the National Museum Foundation of Korea. In keeping with the title of the group's new album, "Arirang", BTS will work with MU:DS, the foundation's product brand, to present items that reinterpret traditional Korean aesthetics in a modern way.

BTS will resume activities by releasing its fifth full-length album "ARIRANG" at 1 p.m. on March 20, a day before the concert. The comeback show will be broadcast live worldwide on Netflix as well as being viewed on site.

· After BTS, The Man Who Lives With the King also hit by scalping as 700,000 won tickets emerge

Ahead of a stage greeting to thank audiences for the box office success of The Man Who Lives With the King, which has surpassed 12 million admissions, signs of ticket scalping have been detected. Similar controversy has also emerged in films after scalping disputes surrounding a BTS concert.

A warning about scalping was recently posted on Showbox's official social media account. Showbox said it has confirmed signs of scalping for the March 17 stage greeting on some social media and secondhand marketplaces. It said buying tickets through illegal channels outside designated sellers, and scalping that sells tickets at higher prices than the original, harms a healthy moviegoing culture.

On a secondhand movie ticket trading site, tickets for the The Man Who Lives With the King stage greeting were found to be traded for as much as 700,000 won each. This has sparked controversy as it is dozens of times higher than the average adult movie ticket price of 15,000 won.

Ahead of BTS's Gwanghwamun concert on March 21, suspected scalping cases were also detected. The Culture Ministry said it will strengthen oversight of ticket scalping.

■ This week's major K-snapp news?

Former iKON rapper B.I will begin military service as a social service worker.

B.I's agency 131 said, "B.I is scheduled to begin alternative service as a social service worker from March 16 in order to fulfill his duty as a citizen of the Republic of Korea." It added, "No separate official event will be held on the day he begins service," and asked fans to refrain from visiting his workplace.

B.I debuted with iKON in 2015. After leaving the group in 2019, he continued active work as a solo artist and was recognised for his musical capabilities.

· Former iKON member B.I to start service as social service worker on March 16 · BLACKPINK's Jennie to take legal action over false information and privacy violations

BLACKPINK member Jennie is taking action over the spread of false information and invasions of privacy.

OA Entertainment said malicious slander and unfounded speculative posts about its artist Jennie have been posted recently on online communities and social media, and cases that defame the artist through the spread of false information have been occurring continuously.

It added it is preparing legal action based on legal advice over acts that infringe the artist's reputation and rights. It strongly warned that it will take a hardline response, including civil and criminal legal measures depending on the severity of the case, against acts that infringe the artist's reputation, rights, portrait rights and other intellectual property rights, and acts that invade privacy. It added there will be no leniency or settlements in the process.

Snapp It First. Feel It K. This article is an online report published by K-snapp, which provides the fastest and most entertaining entertainment news.

Keyword

#BTS #NCT #Kamen Rider Gets #Monthly Boyfriend #Jenny
Copyright © DigitalToday. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction and redistribution are prohibited.